Saturday, August 15, 2009

United Health Care

I had United health care from a policy at work.My gal has same coverage.

She went to hospital at 72 with legionnaires , she was in intensive care with an induced coma for 30 days,it took them 20 days to diagnose the disease, she had assisted breathing tube constantly, After her hospitalization she had 30 days in a rehab center. When she entered the rehab she couldn't even stand up. I went there 3 times a day and exercised her with these rubber band exercising things. I took her to the garden for walks and did everything I could. The rehab center had a tough counsellor who forced her to exercise and get around.

She is now at 76 more vital and energetic than I am at 67. She tends her garden,manages our 4200 sq foot home and takes care of me.

United probably paid out $200,000 for her care. I never heard a word from anyone, except that rehab was limited to 30 days care.

I went into hospital with pneumonia for 11 days, 4 or 5 in intensive care, I am diabetic so complications are always possible. This was at least $30,000.

United had one of their nurses called me 2-3 times, she called me to make sure I was getting the care I needed. She also explained to ME where my coverage could help me even more, she asked why I wasn't turning in the test strips cost to united (they covered drugs as well), she actually had her company spend MORE for my care.

I believe United is a GOOD company, they in no way are totally self serving and profit motivated.

These companies are in no position to defend themselves from a rabble rousing president and administration.

Obviously most policies have LIMITS, we understand that. Your health care providers should understand your coverage and work within those limits when possible. The reason the health care people can claim less problems with Medicare is they understand medicare COMPLETELY and wouldn't begin to think they can argue or debate with the government.


BUT BELIEVE ME, THE INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE NOT ALL BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment